Monday, September 18, 2006

al-iskandria

I went to Alexandria last weekend. Check it out.

Night traffic.

The sink in our room.

We had pretty windows, even if they were fake stained glass.

Qaitbey citadel, built on top of, and out of, the old lighthouse

Pompey's Pillar

Sphynx

Pompey's Pillar + Sphynx = this photo

A view of an apartment building from the pillar site.

An entrance to some ruins.

I saw this on our second morning there from my window and was sad. That's the Mediterranean.

Some stairs at Necropolis.





Alexandria has a sweet library. I didn't take many photos with my digital camera.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Nice. I particularly like the the library photos and the night shot with all the traffic.

I noticed that the sink only has one knob on it. What comes out, hot water or cold water?

6:47 AM  
Blogger Seth Taylor Garrison said...

Only cold water. And when you want to take a shower (the bathroom is down the hall), you have to ask the guys who run the place to light a fire under the chamber and then wait fifteen minutes, otherwise you don't get warm water. It's easier just to take a cold shower.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

good efort for new comers,i also want to go to alexandria in march2008,would u like to guide me how people there and wt are the merits and de merits of this city.which month is better to visit there?is it cheap or expensive city

3:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home