Monday, September 04, 2006

el-gouna

We took a three day trip to el-gouna, a resort town on the Red Sea, for our "orientation." There were probably two whole hours or orientation stuff and two days and twenty two hours of funshine. This place supposedly has the world's second largest coral reef. I didn't go scuba diving, so I can't really attest to that, but there was a lot of coral everywhere when you tried to swim. A lot of people got pretty badly cut up, and a few got urchin-ed on their feet. I managed to make it through unscathed, and once you get passed a certain point, you can swim worry free. I didn't get sunburnt either.

The whole town of el-gouna was built with this style of architecture.

A view from the balcony.

I dig the sight of bridges.

A sweet oversized chess set.

If you're not up for at least one sunrise, you're not taking full advantage of the beach.

I dug it.

On the road, I saw at least three wind farms, including one powering (at least in part) el-gouna. Sustainable energy in developing countries rocks my socks.

salaam

1 Comments:

Blogger Admin said...

Nive pics! I would say-thank you.

I have set some of them as wall papers as desktop background.

Thank you and nice posting.

3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home